Exercising outdoors provides lots of great benefits. Heading into the great outdoors in some parts of the world, especially here in the UK, can be difficult – but a bit of rain never hurt anyone, right?
Let’s consider some reasons to embrace the great outdoors:
- It doesn’t cost anything! Everybody has a right to exercise outdoors, which means no costly membership or expensive equipment is required.
- Heading to the local park, larger national parks or other natural environments will provide you with cleaner air.
- The outdoor environment offers a welcome distraction when working at higher intensities.
- Exercising outdoors has been found to improve mental wellbeing by inducing high levels of positive engagement, revitalisation, tranquillity and satisfaction with the activity being performed – compared to indoor.
- Outdoor exercise has been suggested to reduce tension, stress and depression.