This pesto chicken and baby spinach salad recipe is really simple, yet it bursts with flavour and satisfaction.
It makes a great lunch as the warmer months approach but can be a great addition to any fat loss program at any time of the year.
It packs a great nutritional punch also, spinach is high in vitamins and minerals and other phytonutrients and flavonoids, which act as powerful antioxidants to boost health and fitness.
Serves 1 person:
- 1 chicken breast
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (2 large handfuls) baby spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 6 slices of cucumber
- 2 tsp of prepared green pesto sauce
- 6 black olives
- 1/2 onion
- Small handful of seeds i.e. sunflower and sesame
1. Dice the raw chicken breast into several smaller pieces with a sharp knife. You can choose to cook the chicken in the oven on gas mark 5 for around 20-30 minutes or fry in a pan using extra virgin olive oil on a medium heat for around 8-10 minutes or until golden and cooked right through (making sure it is not pink in the middle of the chicken pieces).
2. Once the chicken is cooked place it in a mixing bowl along with the fresh baby spinach.
3. Slice the cherry tomatoes (or keep them whole if you prefer), slice the red and green bell peppers and lastly slice the cucumber into desired sized pieces. Add all of these ingredients to the bowl of chicken and spinach and mix thoroughly.
4. Once you have your salad mix you can now add your green pesto and mix in using an appropriate utensil or hands, assuming they are clean of course!
Enjoy Pesto Chicken and Baby Spinach Salad.