This fat loss chicken and asparagus recipe might be low calorie, but it is an absolute nutritional beast. Despite this kind of meal being more suited to lunch or dinner for most people, it can also make a great start to your day as apposed to a lousy bowl of sugar infused cereal or jam on toast (serious, try it for yourself).
This recipe is a colourful one, and this is what makes it so good for you. The more colour on your plate from fresh foods the better it is for you as it is bursting with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants – all required for optimal health.
One particularly powerful ingredient in this fat loss chicken recipe is the asparagus. Asparagus is an amazing source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, several B vitamins including folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and B6.
Add to this a great source of the minerals iron, potassium, manganese, copper, and phosphorus. Asparagus also provides a substantial amount of fibre, protein and anti-inflammatory properties – yes, it’s an awesome food.
Serves 1 person:
- 1 medium sized chicken breast
- 5 medium broccoli florets
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper
- 1 medium sized yellow bell pepper
- 5 medium or large fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 tsp of prepared green pesto sauce
- 2 large handfuls of chopped spinach
- 1/2 onion
- Small handful of seeds i.e. sunflower and sesame
1. Dice the raw chicken breast into several smaller pieces with a sharp knife. Cook the chicken in the oven on gas mark 5 for around 20-30 minutes until golden and cooked right through (making sure it is not pink in the middle of the chicken pieces).
2. Remove and dispose of the top of the peppers where the stem is located, scrape out and remove the seeds and unwanted excess inside the peppers. Dice the red and yellow bell peppers into many smaller pieces. We are going to include these peppers raw (uncooked).
3. Dice the broccoli florets into smaller pieces.
4. Dice the asparagus pieces into smaller pieces.
5. Steam or quick boil the broccoli and asparagus (steaming preserves more nutrition).
6. Thoroughly mix all the chopped vegetables together with the cooked diced chicken breast into a large mixing bowl.
7. Add the tablespoon of chia seeds and mix in.
8. Once you have your chicken and vegetable mix you can now add your green pesto and mix in using an appropriate utensil or clean hands.
Serve and Enjoy Fat Loss Chicken and Asparagus.