A banana omelette recipe with mixed berries may not sound so great to many people due to it’s unusual blend of ingredients, but it really is one of those healthy recipes you just have to give a chance.
It is a protein and potassium packed clean meal that can work very well as a breakfast treat and a pre or post workout recovery meal. It is packed with nutrition, really fast to prepare and create, making it a very easy and super convenient choice.
Give it a go and you may find yourself turning to this nutritious meal idea more often.
Here is the Banana Omelette Recipe with Mixed Berries:
This recipe serves one and is dairy and gluten free.
Banana Omelette Ingredients:
- 1 medium to large sized banana
- 2 omega 3 free range eggs
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup mixed berries
1. Mash the banana thoroughly until it becomes a smooth paste (a fork is useful for this part).
2. Crack and add the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
3. Add the mashed banana to the egg mix and whisk thoroughly again until the banana and eggs are mixed well together.
4. Add in a pinch of cinnamon, or your chosen amount based on your preference, to the mixture.
5. Add 2 tsp of coconut oil to a frying pan and turn up to a medium heat (high heat will cause the mixture to stick and burn).
6. Turn on your grill to a medium heat (again a high heat will cause the surface of the mixture to burn).
7. With the pan on the hob, add the banana and egg mixture to the pan and allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. When you are able to peel the edges of the omelette from the pan, take it off the hob and place under the grill.
9. If you don’t have a grill you can try flipping it in the pan and returning it the hob to cook the other side.
10. Once fully cooked on both sides you can serve and add mixed berries heated or cold as you prefer.
Serve and Enjoy the Banana Omelette with Mixed Berries.